Saturday, March 5, 2011

Molten Chocolate Cake - Grain Free

What a lovely, delicious, forgiving dessert this is!  I have made this dessert with just about every kind of 'flour' there is, including fresh ground whole wheat back in the days that I ate wheat.  It works well with coconut, almond and sorghum, but think almond flour might be my favorite.   I over cooked it one time and the result was more of a dense, dark brownie - which was still delicious.  This dessert is not terribly sweet, but it is rich.  I have, on occassion, added a few extra tablespoons of sugar when our guests had a sweet tooth.  And I have even substituted Xylitol in place of the sugar.  See what I mean about forgiving?  It can even survive my not-level oven and multi-tasking baking techniques.  So do try this and let me know how it goes!

Molten Chocolate Cakes
4 oz Bittersweet Baking Chocolate
4 oz Semi-sweet Baking Chocolate
1 cup butter (unsalted!)
4 eggs
4 egg yolks
1/4 cup 
2 tsp of 'flour' (almond or coconut flour)
tiny pinch of Real Salt


Butter and 'flour' 8 ramekins; preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Melt the chocolate and butter together in a double broiler then beat together with a fork.
Beat eggs and sugar together until light in color.   Temper eggs with chocolate, then blend together well.  Stir in flour of choice.  Fill ramekins 2/3 full and bake for 8 min.  The middle will be lusciously gooey and liquidy.  Serve with fresh whip cream and berries!



No comments:

Post a Comment